Administrative history of Pelion and the surrounding settlements
* On 28/12/1836, the administrative division of Evia was published for the first time, and the settlement belonged to the municipality of Kironileon.
* On 17/02/1873, the municipality of Kironileon was renamed Kirinthion.
* On 27/03/1873, the municipality of Kirinthia was transformed into the municipalities of Nileon and Kireon, and the settlement became part of the municipality of Kireon.
* On 16/06/1882, the municipality of Kireon was renamed the municipality of Kireos.
* On 16/08/1912, when the municipality of Kireos was abolished, the settlement was designated as the home of the community of Pili.
* On 09/29/1915 the community of Vlachia was abolished with the result that the settlements of Vlachia and Sarakiniko belong to the community of Pili.
* On 16/05/1928, the settlements of Livadakia and Agia Triti were recognized and belonged to the community of Pili.
* On 12/18/1933, Vlachia and Sarakiniko were separated from the community and belonged to the community of Vlachia.
* On 16/10/1940, the settlement of Livadakia was abolished.
* On 14/03/1971, the settlement of Agia Triti was abolished.
* On 04/12/1997, the community was abolished and became part of the municipality of Kireos as a municipal district.
From 1834 to the 30th census.
An old newspaper's picture that shows the population in the area (1879).
The municipal district of Pelion in the census of 1834, from where the data we have in our hands, shows us that it had a total of 162 inhabitants, and all of them lived in Pelion, that is, none of the other settlements belonging to Pili was still inhabited, officially at least. In 1872 it had 334 inhabitants, similarly all in Pili.
In 1889 Pili had 302 inhabitants; in 1896 had 308 inhabitants, while in 1907, an impressive increase of the population is recorded with 444 inhabitants as in 1920 with 613.
In 1928 Pili has a total population of 712 inhabitants, of which 656 are from Pili, 40 from the settlement of Agia Triti, and 16 in Livadakia. It seems that the economic activity is developing in the area, which is starting to appear mainly due to the mines and so there is an increase in the population with people coming and settling in our place coming from other areas.
In 1940 in Pιli, the most significant increase in population is recorded, with the number in Pili reaching 901 inhabitants and in Agia Triti 155, the total number of residents of Pili reaches 1056!
Settlements of Pili
Agia Triti is a derelict settlement in the municipal district of Pelion. It is at the bottom of the ravine of Dafnopotamos. The surrounding area is pine-covered. The buildings that are preserved in ruins belong to the company that produced white stone. Next to it passes the river Straganes which originates from Rizovrachos and Turkovrisi and flows into the bay of Kymasi.
Livadakia is a derelict settlement of the municipal district of Pili. There were mines in the area, and its inhabitants were mainly miners. There was a small railway line that transported the ore for loading on ships to the bay of Atalantos.
Unfortunately, what follows both in Pili and in the rest of the world, are wars, misery, murders, poverty, diseases, migration! Pili, after the two wars (World War II and civil war), has 759 inhabitants, of which only six are in Agia Triti.
In 1961 the census recorded 785, of which 768 in Pili. Only 17 are in Agia Triti, who will be the last in this settlement based on the official data recorded in the following censuses! It seems that the war, among other things, put an end to the social and economic activity of the settlement of Agia Triti.
In 1971 the population of Pili amounted to 796, in 1981 to 857, in 1991 to 858, in 2001 to 870, and finally, in 2011, it drops to 628.
Graphic with the habitants per year in the region from 1834 to 2011.